Preparing to Raise Capital Workshop
1/2- Day Workshop
What is it?
This half-day workshop explores the financial options for raising capital to fund succession. Business owners will learn the steps needed to get a business ready for a new shareholder and outright sale.
In the case of new shareholder investment, the workshop will consider issues around treatment of funds in both the case of an outright sale of shares (whereby funds returned to shareholders) and the issue of new shares (whereby funds are delivered to the business).
Who is it for?
- Business owners who want to dilute shareholding or exit from the business altogether.
- Family members with an ownership stake in a family business looking to change ownership between generations.
What will be covered?
- What are your options for raising funds?
- Identifying the why, when, how much and intangible cost
- Who is the investor audience and what are the investment stages?
- How can I make my business investment ready and presentable?
- What needs to be considered after landing the deal?
Where and when?
20 June 2019, Auckland
24 September 2019, Tauranga
The cost of the workshop is $395+GST.
A special discounted price of $350 + GST is available to all Vodafone Business customers, Chartered Accountants NZ members and Xero customers. Find out more here.
The Icehouse workshops are registered for Capability Development Funding available through the Regional Business Partner Network. The value of the vouchers vary and they can be used to cover up to 50% of the workshop cost (capped at $5,000 per annum). We can connect you to your local Regional Business Partner for more information.
Aaron’s career started at Hayes Knight after which he took a senior position overseas at Old Mutual, an FTSE listed company with offices in the UK. This level of experience has taught Aaron to appreciate and embrace the practical issues facing business. He’s most interested in helping clients set their three to five year objectives, injecting fresh ideas into their business, helping build their brand, uncovering new ways to sell more to many more, assisting businesses with their strategic planning and implementing effective governance frameworks. He takes a similar approach when tackling specialist jobs, including business valuations, succession planning and due diligence assignments.