Brent will discuss a guide for business owners to hibernate during turbulent times. The main areas of focus will be:
- The legalities of suspending or reducing rent on a commercial lease.
- How to reduce your employment costs.
- How to do a deal with the IRD to enter an arrangement.
- How to obtain payment arrangements with creditors.
- How to recover debts in turbulent times.
Bio: Brent is a specialist litigation and dispute resolution lawyer and has a particular focus on insolvency and restructuring and commercial disputes. Brent established Norling Law, an award-winning firm recognising its work in the fields of practice and also a winner of innovative firm of the year in 2019. Norling Law is also ranked in the Legal500. Brent is an author of the leading text on insolvency law in New Zealand and regularly appears at the District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.