Episode 19 of A Seat at the Table is with guest, Anna Barlow, Owner and Director of Mom Store. A Wife, Mother, Founder, Registered Nurse, Marriage Celebrant, and Reformer Pilates Instructor – she loves business and helping others. While on maternity leave, she found a gap in the market for a beautifully curated store, stocking all the favourites, and so ‘Mom Store’ was born. A place filled with conscious essential products for parents and babies.
Anna is also the winner of the 2023 EmpowHER scholarship, thanks to Saben, Dermalogica and The Icehouse. She has now completed The Icehouse programme and is halfway through the mentoring with Roanne Jacobson (Saben), and Natasha Bourke (Dermalogica) - and loving it!
This conversation unpacks;
Anna Barlow, Owner and Director of Mom Store
- Anna’s lifelong desire to help people and own a business
- The story and why behind Mom Store
- Learning to ‘know the numbers’ and running a sustainable business
- Working alongside her husband, the dynamics and the support it brings
- Challenges of Mom Store’s fast growth, and what 2023 has looked like for the business
- Her advice for juggling home life, motherhood, business, passions and self-care
- The importance of building community around Mom Store
- Her experience as a woman in business, believing in her business and dreaming big
- Her experience winning the EmpowHER scholarship and Anna’s key takeaways from the mentoring and The Icehouse programme
- Anna’s advice for those on the fence about applying for EmpowHER next year - “what do you have to lose?”
- The exciting future of Mom Store
Available now through listening platforms, Spotify, YouTube and The Icehouse’s social media channels.
Join the community by listening, sharing, and engaging.
If you want to get in touch with our hosts, provide feedback, inspiration, guest ideas or more, contact Bryar Stewart at email@example.com