ICEHOUSE MEMBERS - Forgot Password
Get ready to tackle the opportunities ahead.
The ICEHOUSE Hatchery Programme is designed to help start-ups understand whether their business, idea, product or concept is viable. The programme focuses on the What, When and Why of the business so that the owner(s) can work on the right things in the right order and engage the right resources to help them achieve their goals.
Who is it for?
- Those who have a business idea, concept or product but aren’t sure what to do first
- Those who want to validate their idea before spending a lot of time, money and resources
- Business owners who want to make sure they have all the basics in place to be ready for the next stages of business growth
“The ICEHOUSE Hatchery Programme made us go back and look at what we were trying to do. Look at the message, who our target audience were and make sure we have a commercially viable business. That was really what we needed back then. Going through the Hatchery Programme gave us focus and made us believe that we have something worth fighting for. We put a lot of time and money into it and wanted to make sure it’s worth it.” - Tracey Orange – Co-Founder of DirtyMan (ICEHOUSE Resident 2010 – current). Download the full case study here.
What is it?
The Hatchery Programme is usually run over three months and has the following modules:
Establish your leadership plan and personal priorities – why you want to make a dollar:
Every successful business affects the lives of others. As an entrepreneur it’s your job to lead your team and your market according to your values. We help you figure out which key stakeholders matter most, and what impact you’ll need to have.
Start creating and testing your commercial model – can you make a dollar:
How much can you produce? What’s your sales strategy? What are your costs? The ICEHOUSE will teach you to create and test your start-ups business model.
Start identifying a high-level market/customer need and value proposition - who is going to pay you the dollar:
Are you trying to make somebody’s life easier, or fix something that’s broken? How many people can you help? We’ll help you scope out the problem you’re really trying to solve.
Every resident’s Hatchery Programme is a little different but generally, the owner(s) of the business can expect the following outputs and outcomes:
- A clear sense of personal aspirations, goals and ambitions.
- A collective and aligned view of the company goals.
- A clear and invigorated sense of direction for the company and its shareholders.
- Documented high-level company goals across all areas of the business that the management team needs to deliver in order for the company to achieve its goals.
- Documented and tested high-level functional strategies that are essential to achieving the business goals.
- A full action plan for the business, a communications plan for the owners, and an accountability plan for the reporting and governance functions of the business.
- A completed drop sheet, presentation slide pack and a Day’s to Zero Cash report (for initial 3 to 6 months project or period).
Get a taste of the Programme
The Hatchery Entree Workshop is an opportunity for all those who want to learn more about the Hatchery Programme to come along and get a taste of the kind of work that will be done during the programme. The FREE workshop will give attendees an introduction to the three modules of the ICEHOUSE Hatchery Programme.
Find out more and register for the next workshop here.
EiRs are proven entrepreneurs and business leaders. They act as mentors and work one-on-one with residents of the ICE Start-up programmes, providing guidance and feedback and ensuring that all available resources are leveraged throughout the programme.
The ICEHOUSE is working with over 20 EiRs with different skills, experiences and background. You can find profiles of some of our current EiRs here.
- The programme consists of three modules at $1,500+GST per module (NO ICEHOUSE equity)
- Most start-ups complete each module within one month but the time spent in the programme largely depends on how much time the owner(s) can commit.
Please complete the application from by clicking on the button below. After reviewing the application, successful applicants will be invited to a screening session. This session will run for 30 minute with a panel of our Executives in Residence (Mentors), and includes your presentation and Q & A time. Applicants who meet criteria will receive an offer and agreement.
Or contact Kevin Park for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 308 6203.