ICEHOUSE MEMBERS - Forgot Password
Build a stronger team in 7 days.
Become a key role in the growth and direction of your organisation. Through this course we’ll put you in a position to implement strategic business plans and strengthen your team.
You’ll benefit from the programme if you:
- report to an owner-manager, AND
- play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the business, OR
- are involved in making key decisions, and would like to do more
Through the Leadership Development programme you’ll:
- Better understand your business from a strategic perspective and contribute to its growth
- Develop specific action plans to help push you forward
- Receive feedback on your leadership style
- Conduct financial ratios, ABC customer/client analysis, comprehensive competitor analysis, SWOT and PESTE analysis
- Complete a project to will add real value to the business
- Increase your network in other owner-managed businesses facing similar opportunities and challenges
Driving and Leading Business Success
- Understanding strategy
- Audit of current business – internal and external analysis
- Understanding the business model – key performance indicators, balanced scorecard, leverage opportunities
- Principles of marketing, understanding your customer
- Understanding accounting and finance
- Communication skills and development
- Building successful teams
- Leadership feedback
Leading, Managing and Measuring Performance
- Performance management
- Dynamic scorecard
- Management skills, interpersonal skills
- Managing people
- Managing change and transition
- Management role and style
- Project presentation
Systems Thinking Workshop
- Project discussion group
Jo is an experienced general manager and consultant who works with The ICEHOUSE on its Owner Manager and Leadership Development programmes and customised in-company initiatives. She is involved as a facilitator and coach with business leaders and owners and their management teams to assist with getting real clarity about what they aspire to achieve and with planning for execution.
She provides consulting and advisory services to many businesses in a range of industries, working with their management teams to improve their performance and establish the foundations for growth. She assists with assessing and developing capability, and ensuring capacity, structural and governance issues are addressed. She is an associate of Boardroom Practice Ltd, conducting Board effectiveness reviews and holds a number of directorships herself.
Prior to establishing Acumen Ltd in 2001, Jo gained a broad commercial experience across a range of industries including retail, manufacturing, building and professional services. She has held a range of senior executive and general management roles (including international assignments) with Mobil Oil, Fletcher Building and The Warehouse. She has a BEd and an MBA from Otago University.
Dr Leith Oliver is a business facilitator and lecturer at the University of Auckland Business School.
Along with others from the University of Auckland, Leith heads up the course development and delivery team for the business growth programmes offered by The ICEHOUSE. These programmes focus on the growth of SMEs and the competencies and systems needed to successfully navigate growth transitions and to run larger businesses. He also runs a series of seminars on Managing Growth and Building Business Acumen for the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants and for the Bank of New Zealand.
He has a broad experience as an owner-manager of many businesses including companies in construction, furniture manufacturing and exporting, and furniture retailing. He has co-authored the book “Production Planning Systems Design” with the late Professor Victor Portougal (Auckland) and is also lead-author of the 6th edition of the “Small Business Book” with Associate Professor John English (Canberra). In the course of his research and consultancy Leith works with many businesses in the areas of strategic planning and the development of management competencies in the fields of finance and accounting, sales and marketing, and operations management.
Leith has a PhD, an MBA and MPhil with 1st Class Honours from The University of Auckland. His PhD research was based on the design of facilitated learning events aimed at enabling business growth in New Zealand’s small and medium sized companies.
“The ICEHOUSE Leadership Development Programme opened my mind to the bigger picture – what my role was in taking the business global and what it was going to take to get us there. It showed me my focus had to shift. I had always been stuck in the business, making sure things were done well. Now I’m much more focussed on where the business is going, what needs to be accomplished and what skills and resources need to be developed.”
~ Jason Wilton, Financial Controller – Furnware
“I chose two of my senior staff to participate in the Leadership Development Programme. The company is now more structured, and we saw we really needed to address governance. It’s been a big learning curve in dealing with issues and people. Taking the company to where I wanted it to be meant encouraging staff to share my vision.”
~ Peter Roberts, Owner Manager – Heritage Tiles
- $8,995.00 + GST (including meals and accommodation)
- You are a key staff member or senior manager in an owner-managed business
- You play an integral role in enabling the business to achieve its objectives
Block One: February 13 – 15
Block Two: March 20 – 22
Block Three: April 19
Block One: June 5-7
Block Two: July 10 – 12
Block Three: August 23
Block One: September 9-11
Block Two: October 21-23
Block Three: November 29